The Unit is one of the arms of the Vice-Chancellors Office and it coordinates the Public Relations functions of the University. It is headed by a very Senior Administrative Officer, who is also the University Public Relations Officer. The Unit facilitates the flow of information between the University and its various publics which include the media (print and electronic), community, government and other national, international agencies and other stakeholders. The Unit also takes charge of Protocol matters within and without the University. The Unit is located on the ground floor of the old Senate building.
The following publications serve as instruments for achieving the above goals:
- FUTA News - a quarterly publication
- FUTA Bulletin - a weekly publication
- Press/Special Releases - issued regularly
- Newspaper, television and radio advertisements
- Daily media reports (newspaper clippings) for the Vice-Chancellor and related Officers and Offices
- Press conference/briefing and other related media functions